Pin it!

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Favorite Apple Recipes

A friend of ours went out to pick some apples this weekend and he had more than enough for his family, so he offered the rest to us. We ended up with way more than we need. I have plenty of recipes that I can use apples with, but I still won't make a dent in them.


Here are some of my favorite apple recipes.

Apple Crisp, is the family favorite, so I will add that to the top of the list. I just may have to do a small batch for the kids tonight. Want to make it even better? Top it with a scoop of ice cream. This recipe has over 4000 reviews. Trust me, if you have never made this, you have to try it.

Another good one, is slow cooker oats. I love to wake up to this on a Sunday morning. We are usually rushing to get to church on time and breakfast is done. I have made this recipe with both quick cooking oats and steel cut oats. They are both good. The steel cut oats seem to keep the kids full longer.

We don't make apple pie very often, but when we do, we prefer Dutch apple pie. Here is another one that is best served with ice cream! It is always a vanilla or vanilla bean. You can even drizzle a bit of caramel on top.

Another good one is apple cinnamon pancakes. This is quick and easy. I just follow my regular pancake recipe. Cut up some apples, mix it with cinnamon and throw it in the batter. They are perfect every time and fun for the kids.

This is about all I have when it comes to apples. If I made all of this, I still wouldn't put a dent in this tub of apples. Do you have any ideas on what to do with all of these apples? Share with me your ideas and recipes. I will come back and let you know what we decide. I definitely don't want them going to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment