Pin it!

Friday, May 5, 2017

New Home Owners

I feel like I am living a dream. My husband and I just bought our first house. We were so irresponsible when we were young, we never thought it would be possible. Once we put our minds to it and prayed about it, we decided to get to work and do what needed to be done to get it done. It has taken a few years and it hasn't been easy, but yes that is our beautiful home, pictured above.

It is an 1860 brick Victorian. I didn't want to write this post until we had the keys in our hand. It was such a roller coaster ride going through the process. Some mornings I woke up thinking that it would't happen. I will be sharing the inside with you once we get moved in (3 more days). If you are friends with me on Facebook then you have probably already seen it. I took this picture in the beginning of March. Today, the grass is so green and there are tulips coming up. It is just beautiful. I am looking forward to having my first cup of coffee on that porch.

I do plan on sharing more as we get moved and settled. I will probably need help with some gardening and decorating. the current furniture I have doesn't go with the style of the house.

This is us at closing when we got our keys. We left out of that place laughing. We still can't believe that they gave us keys to a house.

The kids are all excited that we have someplace for them to grow up. We also have something to leave for them when we are gone. We have four bedrooms and two baths. The girls each have their own room and the boys with be sharing. There is also a full attic that is already insulated. We just need to add walls. Then they will have that space to hang out in.

I look forward to sharing more with you. Right now, I have to go finish packing...lol

2 comments:

  1. I am totally cracking up! Kind of like the feeling you get with your first baby while leaving the hospital....you think do they realize I have no clue what to do and they're giving me this big responsibility!!
    Congrats y'all from Georgia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, that is us. We are truly blessed. We spent the afternoon there today and it was perfection.

      Delete