Pin it!

Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Homeschool Mother's Journal


In my life this week…Not much is going on this week. The car stopped running while my husband was on his way to work. We did get it towed, but the auto shop that we use is not open on weekends, so it won't be looked at until then. 
In our homeschool this week…We are still preparing for Jonaya to take the ITBS test next week. She is doing pretty well with the concepts. 
Ian has started doing his funnix lessons, again this week. He is also working on some math sheets. I need some more hands on activities to keep him busy. I feel like I am cheating him to focus on Jonaya. How to moms do it with more than two at home?
I am inspired by…Michelle Duggar
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…No where until we get the car fixed...lol I do plan on visiting a friend from church. She recently had to quit her job due to full body pain. I am trying to get her set up at home to make some income there. Her doctor advised her, she didn't quit on her own. 
My favorite thing this week was…Sitting down with the family to not only watch Facing the Giants, but also Courageous. There are so many life lessons in both of those movies. 
What’s working/not working for us…I am loving the 6 weeks of work schedule and 1 week off. Can you tell that we are off next week? Aside from taking Jonaya to her test, we are freee. I hope to get caught up on some reading because there is no work for me right now, either. 
Things I’m working on…There are some areas in the house that I want to get reorganized. Not sure how I am going to go about it, though.
I’m reading…Longing by Karen Kingsbury (should be done today)
A Love that Multiplies by Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar
Crazy Love by Francis Chan
I’m cooking…I did get signed back up with emeals. We haven't eaten out all week which is huge. I haven't cooked a lot though. John made this HUGE pot of chili for the Super Bowl. Wednesday night we were still eating it. I was ready to kill him. I cooked on Thursday. I made a meatloaf  and vegetables and John boiled potatoes to go with it. Once again he cooked enough for an army. I ended up converting it to potato soup last night and we have enough to eat again tonight. 
I’m grateful for…The time that I get to spend with my children. To be able to teach them and mold them for the glory of God. 
I’m praying for…More opportunities for my family and me to serve others. We don't have much money, but we have lots of love and time. 
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

I guess I have been holding Jonaya back. I have been teaching her some basic crochet stitches and letting her practice that along with her tension. This week she got on ravelry and started crocheting origami. Pictured above is the first one she did. It is a little hard to tell with the dark colors, but she made a turtle. She asked me to explain a couple things that she didn't understand in the pattern, shook her head and kept going. 
I am so proud of her. 

1 comment:

  1. Aww! You have inspired me to try teaching my girls crochet again. . .I love her turtle!!

    Happy schooling!

    ReplyDelete