Pin it!

Friday, February 3, 2012

Springlike Winter

The Homeschool Mother's Journal



In my life this week…This has been a pretty good week. I can't complain. This is only my fourth day of the week. We still have school tomorrow and then we take Sunday and Mondays off because that is when hubby is off. 
In our homeschool this week…This week I am preparing Jonaya for the ITBS test. This is the first year that she has to take it. We bought a book to give her and idea of what she will see. I think she will do fine, I just don't want her to have any surprises. 
In put together his first model helicopter with is dad. That was pretty sweet, watching them working on it. Here is the end result. 

I am inspired by…I am inspired by the many women on the web. I don't have and friends locally, especially ones that home school. You guys keep me going everyday. 
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…We have nothing going on this week. We have church on Sunday. Then we will be home for the Superbowl. John manages a Pizza Hut, so he is going into work.
My favorite thing this week was…Going out to run Errands on Monday. I know it sounds, crazy. We live in Iowa and it was 64 degrees and sunny out. I was so happy all day. 
What’s working/not working for us…I have been struggling with getting Ian, my 5 year old, to focus on his work. With the big age difference, I sort of put him off because he is no technically school aged. We did better this week, so I hope that continues. he love to work when you steer him in the right direction. 
Things I’m working on…I am working on finding more hands on activities for the kids. We spend too much time in the books. With the nice weather, I did sent them outside in the middle of a school day to play. 
I’m reading…Longing by Karen Kingsbury. I love her books. This is the third book in the Bailey Flannigan series. I highly recommend you read any of her books. 
I’m cooking…I have not been cooking. We have been eating out a lot. I know that is bad. I plan on signing up with e-meals again. It is great because everything is planned out for you and even the grocery list is done. We had something new to try every week. We had no interests in eating in restaurants which saves us money. 
I’m grateful for…My husband, he takes such good care of me. I never have to worry about anything. 
I’m praying for…Staying focused, keeping my house running smoothly. This is what I have been called to do and I want to do it justice. 
Also, if you can join me in prayer. Jonaya as asked to get baptized. We have gone to the class at church and the next baptism date is February 19. I know she understands what she is doing, but I just want her to be covered. 
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…If you have beginning readers in your house, a great program is being offered for free until February 16. It is at; http://www.funnix.com/. I hope that helps. 

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! You joined up!!!

    My husband is off every other Monday and we either take the day off or make it a half day. Homeschool is just awesome like that!

    I will join you in prayer for Jonaya. Take care and have a wonderful weekend!

    -Stacie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I had to get my typing for the day done, first. I was done by 5 pm. I am so happy, I will be finishing up this batch today.

      We at least take Saturday mornings off. We never start until after lunch.

      Have a great weekend!

      Des

      Delete