Pin it!

Monday, October 3, 2016

Little Feet Update

Wow! I can't believe it has been over two years from when we were getting ready for the adoption. You may notice in the picture that I have an extra set of feet. Long story short, the two that I adopted in March of 2014 are actually part of a sibling group of four. Their sister was adopted by a paternal aunt. That left Sean. DHS wanted to keep the siblings together, so they asked if we would take him. It didn't take us long to pray about it. Of course, we took him. So, we call him our "oops baby" since we weren't planning on having five kids.


(L to R) Ian, Tierney, Jonaya, Sean, and Sterling


If you are friends with me on Facebook, you probably know this already. We adopted him in October of 2014. You have probably been wondering what has been going on for the last two years, if we have had them that long. For the most part, the kids have been great. My husband has had a lot of health issues. It had gotten so bad, that some nights I would go to bed wondering if I would have a husband the next day. Things are a lot better now. Thank you, Jesus! He still has one more surgery to go in December. I may share his story another day because it is truly a miracle.

Now back to my "little feet." My oldest's is not so little anymore. Jonaya just celebrated her 14th birthday. She is actually able to get her learner's permit here in Iowa. Davon is now 11. He has decided that he now wants to go by his middle name which is Sterling. Ian is nine, he will be 10 in November. Tierney is seven, though she still looks like she is five. The child won't grow and she can eat me under the table. Sean is six. He was the last one to come and is the baby. He plays it up.


I have decided to home school all five of them. I pulled Davon out of public school after his third grade year and the other two never went because they were still too young. Jonaya and Ian have always been home schooled. Jonaya is in 8th grade and is pretty independent. She just has to check in with me. Sterling and Ian are both in 5th grade. A lot they can do on their own and I am close by for any questions. Tierney and Sean are both in 2nd grade. They need the most attention, right now, but do pretty good.

We are actually taking this week off. I usually do six weeks on and one week off. That is more for me than them. I can get caught up with house cleaning and other things that I need to get done. This also keeps us from getting burnt out.

I say this every time and then life happens, but I will be back later this week to share more.

4 comments:

  1. Nice to read this update and see how your family has grown! You are blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love watching yours, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God is so good! I'm happy to hear all of you are well. Thank you for the update.

    ReplyDelete