Pin it!

Monday, May 4, 2009

Children

Becoming a mother is one of the greatest things that has ever happened to me. Even though it is a tough job, I enjoy what I do.





Jonaya, my 6 year old, is becoming a little lady. It's so cute when we are sitting at the dinner table and I can see her from the corner of my eye trying to imitate me. That is such a big job. I have a lot to live up to. I can't believe the lord trusted me with such a huge responsibility.

Ian is my little man. I couldn't imagine my life without him. He is so attached to me and it makes me feel so special. It will beak my heart when he get older and is like, get off of me mom. When I leave him at the nursery at church and he cries for me, it just melts my heart. Jonaya has never once cried when I left her. She will usually shove me out the door. Boys and girls are so different.

When John and I first got married he had said that he wanted 5 children. Since I'm the one that has to do most of the work, I talked him down to 3. I thought that was a good compromise.

As you can see from the picture above, I still "owe" him one.

Our plan was to have them back to back. Things never go as planned, do they? It's a long story. Maybe, I will blog about it another day, but I have spent most of my adult life and marriage trying to get pregnant.

Right now is a time where I'm actually not trying. The only reason that I have been avoiding it is because things have been so stressful with day to day life stuff.

The question has recently come up. Are we or aren't we? Up until now, I have had mixed feelings. If I have another one is it going to make things more stressful for the family. We have been through a lot of changes and we are comfortable now. Then if I don't have another one, will I look back and think, "what if I had?"

It's a big step, but I think we are going to go for it! We only live once and we just have to take it day by day. I'm sure with us moving into our house and building a homestead with a mostly self sustained life will help. I have made it a hobby to try to get the most out of our money.

By the way, if we do have another one I want to experience a home water birth. That would be cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment