Pin it!

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Cafe Chat 5/2




In the eyes of the world, it is not our relationship with Jesus Christ that counts; it is our resemblance to him!

When you read the quote above, especially the last part of the quote, do you agree with the author or disagree? Why did you answer the way you did?

Well, when I initially read that. I totally agreed. Now, I have a mixed opinion.

I'm sure you have heard the saying, "you can't please everybody." The line in that quote can go both ways.

There are going to be people that notice your actions and the way you handle situations. I honestly wouldn't see the eyes of the world connecting it with Jesus. They would just know that I was a good person and I do things with honesty and integrity.

One of the things, I should be doing is loving thy neighbor. Well, we just moved here about 3 months ago. I have introduced myself to my neighbor. We have talked a lot and even our kids play together. I invited her to dinner on a night we had a snow storm. She said that she was going to her moms to do laundry and she would call me. I said, ok, and that dinner was at 6 pm. 6:30 came and I never heard from her. I figured she left my number at home and she stayed at her moms because the weather was getting bad. The next time that I saw her she didn't say one word to me.

What I'm getting at is that really hurt my feelings. I wanted to day something her and I haven't. If she needs something I am still there for her. When I see them coming home, I still put a smile on my face.

Does she see a difference in me? Maybe. Would she connect that with my relationship with Jesus? I think not.

Now, looking at it from the other perspective. Someone in your life may notice that you act different. You hold a higher standard than most. They may even ask you directly why are you so happy, so full of love, etc. this situation has happened so many times (not me personally) that it has been the opportunity to bring people to faith. Then your relationship with Jesus is what counts 100%.

Christin over at Journey of Devotion made a great point.

"This is not to say that some people won't notice. But if they are coming to Jesus on the basis of seeing love, peace, and joy and not because they have sinned and recognize they need Him, they are converting under a pretense and thus is not a true conversion."

As for me personally, I stopped caring what people think of me a long time ago. I have even taken this attitude with my own mother and I grew up trying to make her happy. I just live my life the way I see fit and be true to myself.

I hope this makes sense.

For more responses to this question visit Internet Cafe.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for participating today...so many of the ladies have made such good points...please come back and participate often :) Kim

    ReplyDelete