Pin it!

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Broken Heart

My poor little girl had her heart broken yesterday. I felt so bad for her. I knew exactly how she felt because I was so used to rejection when I was a kid. She, on the other hand, is not used to it.

What happened was, Jonaya made a new friend down the street from our house on Friday. They didn't get to play much because both families had busy weekends.

She came by yesterday to see if Jonaya can play. John was on his way home with dinner, but I said to give me 10 minutes and she can come back. I was out working in the garden and had just gotten out of the shower.

So, I get myself together and got both kids outside. The little girl came over for about 5 minutes and swung on our swing set. Then got up and ran home. Jonaya started crying to I went to see what happened. She said that the little girl said that she was bored and was going home.

By the way, the other child is 8, so she is a little older than Naya. Anyway, what was the child expecting a circus?

The other girl did want Jonaya to come down to her house and I had said she couldn't until after dinner because her father was on his way home. Maybe, that made her mad. I don't know.

Jonaya was so upset, she didn't even eat dinner and it was one of her favorites. Usually when she gets upset about something she cries and is over it. This time she went up to her room, put a cold rag around her neck and was laying on her bed. I just went and laid next to her and held her. I didn't know what to do.

I did tell John that I think it is partially our fault. We keep her in such a sheltered environment that she hasn't had to deal with real world issues up until now. All of her friends are raised along the same belief system that we have and have always put others first. Well, more like J.O.Y., Jesus first, others second, yourself last.

I do plan on talking to her more about this when she is not upset to guide her if she plans to continue being friends with the girl. Maybe Jonaya can be a little light in her life.

Please, pray for my girl. She is growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment