Pin it!

Saturday, April 25, 2009

Cafe Chat


On a scale of 1-10, with a 10 representing the strongest, rate how you do with reading and studying the Bible. Why did you rate yourself as you did?

If you are struggling with reading God’s Word, make a list of possible stumbling blocks.

Make a list of how we can grow closer to Jesus through the reading and studying of God’s Word.

This is my first chat and I'm excited to be joining! To be totally honest, I would have to rate myself as a 4. I know that is a shame. I do want to learn so much and I find myself studying a lot, but many times it is out of another book that references back to the Bible. I also miss some days of doing just that. I make the excuse that life gets in the way, but that no excuse at all.

My list of stumbling blocks. Sometimes, it's just laziness. Once the kids are awake and I have started my day, I feel like I have missed that opportunity of 1 on 1 time with God.

To change this, I can always sneak away throughout the day and spend even a few moments reading my Bible. I can lock myself in the bathroom if I have too. I neve rthink about reading before bed time

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to cafe chat, glad you joined us. I enjoyed your post, thanks for your honesty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you participated today... I can relate to what you said as well...

    Blessings and make sure to come back weekly if you can :)

    Blessings, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Desiree!!!
    So nice to meet you! I believe we all realize that we could do so much more to spend time in God's Word. My prayer is that we all do these postings, we begin to be proactive to change our lives and get them in line with His will.
    Blessings!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete