Pin it!

Friday, August 17, 2012

Homeschool Week 2



Join in on, iHomeschool Network, for the blog hop!

  • In my life this week…

We have made it through our second week of school. Ian is still adjusting to the new schedule. We also got to go to the state fair. That is always enjoyable. 
  • In our homeschool this week…
Right now, we are just practicing being consistent. I spend a lot of my time keeping Ian on task. Home schooling boys are so much different. 
  • Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
Take your time, don't stress if you don't get everything done. Schooling should feel enjoyable and not lie a task, so break things up between written work and fun stuff. 
  • I am inspired by…
Woman who are able to manage there households and still help by making an income. 
  • Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
We are not going anywhere else this week. We spend too much money where ever we go. We all look forward to the fair all year long, so we made an exception. I wasn't feeling all that great so I didn't buy anything on a stick. 

  • My favorite thing this week was…
Watching my son light up when he learned something new. It was so special when he got something. I also enjoyed watching my daughter work on her crafts. we bought her some modeling clay. 
  • What’s working/not working for us…
Threatening to put them on the school bus in not working. They know I won't do it.
  • Things I’m working on…
I am crocheting a jacket/cardigan for the fall. I am looking forward to the weather getting cooler and it being complete. 
  • I’m reading…
Forgotten God by Frances Chan
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins (Hunger Games #3)
  • I’m cooking…
Mushroom Swiss Burgers for tonight. Lots of new things on the menu. I love to change it up. That is why I love getting my ideas from eMeals. 

eMeals - Dinner Done
  • I’m grateful for…
Support from other moms. I never feel like I am doing this alone. My husband is also a good support system and shows involvement when he gets home.
  • A photo, video, link, or quote to share…
We are learning about Egypt and Ian had the opportunity to make a sphinx. His pyramid from the previous week is behind it, but the sphinx came out bigger. 




2 comments:

  1. I use the "You're going back to public school" card too. I know it doesn't really phase her, she like school, but sometimes I have just run out of things to say!

    Love the spinx! So creative!!

    ReplyDelete